Silver Lake Real Estate Agents say that in order to get your home sold, you have to take on a pretty big to-do list. Some of these tasks are well-known, and some are just good old common sense— such as discovering a Silver Lake Realtor and spreading the word that your house is up for grabs.
To help keep these less apparent home-selling tactics from falling through the cracks, here are a few things you may not even realize you have to do when preparing your Silver Lake Home For Sale.
Learn To Get In Front Of Millennial Home Buyers
In 2017, Americans aged 20 to 37 were the largest group of home buyers—at 36%, according to the annual Home Buyer and Seller Generational Trends Report from the National Association of Realtors.
As a result, our Silver Lake Realtors suggest you discover ways to appeal to this (huge) generation when marketing your home.
These tips will aid you in targeting younger home buyers:
- Promote Your Silver Lake, CA Listing On Social Media. As digital natives, many of these would-be buyers are glued to Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, and other social media networks. Be sure your Silver Lake Real Estate Agent is marketing your listing on these platforms.
- Display Your Smart Home Technology. Millennials enjoy smart home devices and they’re constantly searching for these products when looking for homes.
- Make Your Silver Lake Home For Sale More Energy-Efficient. Making even small changes to your house (e.g., installing a programmable thermostat, adding attic insulation, or plugging air leaks around doors and windows) can make your Silver Lake Home For Sale more appealing to Generation Y buyers. Did you know that 84% of millennials say they’re willing to pay up to 2% to 3% more for an energy-efficient home, according to a recent study by the National Association of Home Builders?
- Showcase Your Eco-Friendly Features. It’s no secret that this generation is environmentally cautious, but you don’t have to go out and spend thousands of dollars on solar paneling to make your home green. For example, our Silver Lake Realtor say you can strategically plant trees around your home which can help reduce your air-conditioning costs by 15% to 50%, according to Energy.gov.
Make Your Silver Lake, CA Home For Sale Move-In Ready
Our Silver Lake Los Angeles Real Estate Agents say unless you’re selling a teardown, you need to do whatever it takes to make your home move-in ready for potential home buyers.
This generally means taking on not only large home repairs but also small ones such as replacing ripped screens, fixing leaky faucets, unclogging gutters, and mending damaged shingles.
Additionally, our Silver Lake Realtors say if your house is not in the best of shape, think about ordering a pre-inspection, where a professional home inspector inspects your property for problems prior to putting it on the market.
This would give you the ability to fix problems ahead of time—while also presenting buyers with a clean bill of health on the property.
Get A Professional Real Estate Photographer
If you have an exceptional eye and a decent camera, you might be tempted to take your own listing photos. Nonetheless, our Silver Lake Realtors are not talking about selfies here. If you’re looking to sell your home quickly, using an experienced quality professional photographer is a necessity.
According to proven case scenarios, our Silver Lake Real Estate Agents say listings using the professional photographer sold 50% faster and 39% closer to the original listing price than those that didn’t.
Properly Get Your Open Houses Ready
Most Silver Lake Realtors will tell you it’s often times your responsibility to get your home ready prior to strangers showing up at the door.
Here’s a noteworthy checklist to get your home ready for an open house:
- Tidy up. Clear clutter, take out the trash, and do a deep clean. Hire a professional cleaning service, if needed.
- Organize closets. Overstuffed closets can make your home appear to have insufficient storage space.
- Protect yourself from theft. Our Silver Lake Realtors recommend that you make sure to secure jewelry, art, heirlooms, and other valuables.
- Open curtains and blinds. Letting in organic light will not only brighten up the space, but it can also make rooms look bigger.
- Hide family photos. Buyers need to see a neutral field where they can put down their roots. Having your family photos on display can make that a bit difficult.
- Get refreshments ready. Potential home buyers enjoy being greeted with a warm cookie or a cold bottle of water.
Pet-Proof Your Silver Lake, CA Home For Sale
Our Silver Lake Realtors say if you have pets, be cautious — their presence can generally be a BIG turnoff to some potential home buyers. Furthermore, our Silver Lake Real Estate Agents suggest that you take these steps to be certain your pets don’t hinder your sale:
- Clean the yard. Get ready for potential home buyers to walk around your yard.
- Remove odors. To help get rid of traces of cat or dog urine from carpets or rugs, try a bacteria-eating pet odor remover. Our Silver Lake Los Angeles Real Estate Agents say if the odor stays around, you might have to hire a professional cleaning service.
- Vacuum up hair. Pet hair can trigger allergies and send potential buyers sneezing and wheezing out the door. Our Silver Lake Realtors suggest you vacuum and dust to remove any settled hair or dander around the house.
- Remove pet paraphernalia. Prior to showings, tuck away any leashes, collars, toys, water bowls, and food.